Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Compost Tea

What is my compost tea? 


It is just a shovel full of compost (homemade or store bought) placed in a 5 gal bucket filled with water. Stir it so the compost is distributed through the water. You can let it sit for as long or as little as you want before using. I let mine "steep" for at least 2 hours and as long as a week before using on my plants. Nothing fancy but it does the trick.


I used this solution about once a week on my outdoor plants during the growing season and currently on my indoor plants. It is a great way to naturally feed your plants, especially the ones that have been sitting in the same container soil for more than a few months.


Just use it they way you would use water for watering your garden or potted plants.
Happy Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment