Sunday, October 31, 2010

Indoor Vegetable Garden Update

One week ago today I started an indoor vegetable garden. Two peppers, two tomatoes, lettuce and spinach.

Well, the tomatoes were not looking good, I believe the tops that I brought in had late blight. So I decided to dispose of them.


The peppers are doing well. I harvested one medium sized pepper over the weekend and it was quite tasty. I have four more and a new blossom. :) So I will continue to water with compost tea every week and see how this blossom turns out.


The lettuce and spinach are doing well too. They seem to be reaching a bit but are staying green and healthy looking. I will continue to water them with compost tea.  Also, I turn the container every other day to keep the plants from growing to one side or the other.

All in all, not a bad start except for the tomatoes. Maybe I will try to start a few from seeds.

Happy Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment