Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Winter Sown Seeds Update

The results were a bit underwhelming to say the least, but still had a few starts for the garden as you can see.


Out of the six containers that I had sown only two gave me starts of lettuce and spinach. I believe it was due to the insufficient drainage holes that I had put in the container. The starter cells all seemed to be water logged when I opened them. I kept the tops off for a few days to dry them out and that seemed to help a bit.


I also started some leafy greens in a mini greenhouse container and they seem to be coming along very well.. You can buy them at your local garden supply department. I will transplant them in a week for some early crops.

Regardless of the disappointing results, I will be trying this procedure again next winter but with more drainage.

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment